2020 WATER RAMP CAMPS
PRE-REGISTRATION FOR ALL CAMPS IS MANDATORY.
*We need 6 athletes for these camp to run, we reserve the right to cancel should there not be enough participants.*Cost does not reflect Freestyle Canada CanFree 1 & 2 Membership required.
CanFree 1 & 2 is an annual membership that expires June 1st every year.
APEX WATER RAMP WEEKENDZ
This camp is available for both the Performance Team and the Freestylerz Crew. The training will be individualized and targeted towards on-snow goals. Hope to see you there! Bring your wetsuit!
Sept 12th – Group 1 – 8:00am to 11:00am / Group 2 – 11:00am to 2:00pm
Sept 13th – Group 1 – 9:00am to 12:00pm / Group 2 – 11:00am to 2:00pm
Sept 19th – Group 1 – 9:00am to 12:00pm / Group 2 – 11:00am to 2:00pm
Sept 20th – Group 1 – 8:00am to 11:00am / Group 2 – 11:00am to 2:00pm
Oct 3rd – 10:00am to 2:00pm
Oct 4th – 10:00am to 2:00pm
**FREE to those athletes that have parents willing to help shut down the ramps after the session on the 4th. Please register online so we know our numbers!!! (visiting team parents if you are staying to help – THANK YOU – and you can register for this by signing up under the ‘Apex Club’ member link.
COST: $60/day, or $110 for both days
$75 for non-AFC member, $140 for both days
BONUS ROUND MONDAYS
These extra days are available for both the Performance Team and the Freestylerz Crew (ages 8+), for those athletes wanting to turn a weekend into a 3 day camp and get an extra day of training in before the snow flies.
BONUS ROUND 1 – Monday, September 14th – 12:00pm to 4:00pm
BONUS ROUND 2 – Monday, September 21st – 10:00am to 2:00pm
$75 for non-AFC member
WHAT TO BRING TO CAMPS:
- Please come with your bathing suit already on. There are no changing rooms at the water ramps.
- A short wetsuit is recommended and a long wetsuit or drysuit is recommended in the spring & fall.
- Life Jacket & Helmet is mandatory. There are no rental wetsuits, life jackets or helmets at the water ramps.
- Water – 2L minimum in a insulated bottle. There is no drinking water available at the ramps.
- Lunch/Snacks – There is also no garbage or recycling at the water ramp facility. If you pack it in, please pack it out (take it with you).
- Sunscreen & Hat – There is limited shade and it can get quite hot out at the water ramp facility.
- Paraffin Wax – Skis must be waxed with basic white paraffin wax before ramping, it makes the skis slide easier on the surface. There is an iron to wax the skis at the facility.
- Paracord/Thin Rope – This is used for the skis to be attached to the ski boots while jumping, in case they fall off in the water. It it very challenging to find a ski at the bottom of the pool if it falls off.