ACCOMMODATION & FOOD
WHERE TO STAY…
There is no accommodation or camping at Covert Farms, where our Water Ramp facility is located. Here is a list of places we recommend in Oliver or close to Covert Farms.
Some families prefer to stay in Penticton (30 min drive) or Osoyoos (25 min drive) due to other amenities for family members but we feel that there are plenty of options in Oliver.
20% OFF Best Available Rate at The Coast Hotel – Oliver.
To get this deal, contact directly:
Coast Hotels – Oliver & Osoyoos
There are 3 Provincial Campgrounds close to Covert Farms.
- Sx̌ʷəx̌ʷnitkʷ Provincial Park (Okanagan Falls) Provincial Park is the nicest but it is also the furthest away. It is located about 15 minute drive from the water ramps.
- Inkaneep Provincial Park is the closest to the water ramps but no reservations allowed and only 7 campsites available.
- Vaseaux Lake Provincial Park is only 10 minutes away from our facility but is the noisiest out of all 3, as it is right on the main highway.
Apple Beach RV Park and Desert Lake RV Resort are probably the closest RV resorts to the water ramp facility. Both are small but both are on the north end of Tuc El Nuit Lake in Oliver.
Lakeside Resort & RV is right in the heart of Oliver on the south end of Tuc El Nuit Lake which is 10 minutes to the water ramp facility.
Maple Leaf Motel & RV Resort is on the south end of Oliver, furthest away from the water ramp facility.
Gallagher Lake Resort & RV is outside of Oliver, in between Oliver & Vaseaux Lake. This resort is on Gallagher Lake, the smallest accessible lake in the South Okanagan.
WHERE TO EAT IN OLIVER…
These are our local recommendations, of course there is lots of other options out there (like Tim Horton’s and A&W)
- Big Al’s Bakery has the best doughnuts in town! They also offer diner-style breakfast, pre-made sandwiches & other amazing baked goods located on Main St across from Chevron Gas Station. Opens at 7am.
- Crucetti’s is your classic all day breakfast joint located in the strip mall with A&W.
- Baguette And Brioche Viennoiserie is a little traditional french bakery located on Main Street between Oliver Shoes & Desert Grill. Go early, when she sells out, she closes up shop.
- Oliver Eats Deli is the newest, best spot in town! Boasting healthy sandwiches, soups and take away dinners as well as gourmet deli options (meat & cheese). They also serve the best espresso in town. They are located off of Main St, behind The Firehall Brewery, on Station St.
- Vagabond Kitchen Food Truck is parked outside of Oliver Eats Deli is also a good place to grab some grub if they are there/open.
- Hammer’s House of Hog is a little stand located in Lion’s Park parking lot, on the left hand side of the road as you enter into the town of Oliver. Go early to prevent being disappointed, they sell out fast.
- El Sabor de Maria is a little food stand at the south end of town, past the last set of lights in Oliver. This is the best mexican this town has to offer! Bring cash or use the ATM next door at C & C Food Mart.
DINNER – FAMILY FRIENDLY
- Amore Pizza Factory has the best pizza in town. Pizza 97 is a close second, both located on Main St.
- Aunty Ag’s Seafood Cafe has the best fish & chips in town and is located on Main St.
- Savvio’s Family Restaurant has the best greek food in town on Main St.
- Firehall Bistro & Brewery has pretty good pub food and local beer on tap on Main St.
- Best of India has the best indian food in town. Masala Bistro is second best, just outside of town south of Oliver at Kismet Winery (check hours before going).
Oliver Garden is our local chinese buffet located on Main St.